Home Become Involved
Become Involved

There are several ways to get involved with the Southern Highlands Foundation and help your community.

Donors – give where you live

As a donor you may experience the rewards of giving during your lifetime or leave a lasting legacy – or both. We accept a wide variety of assets and can facilitate even the most complex forms of giving.

You can establish a named or special purpose Fund or Scholarship, make a donation to an existing Fund, make a direct donation to the Foundation or join the Friends Program. Donors can also leave a charitable bequest to the Foundation in their will. Donors also have the option to remain completely anonymous, the Foundation will ensure complete privacy and discretion.

Our existing Funds are:

  • Children and Youth Fund including the Reg Rowe Art Scholarship Fund
  • Palliative & Respite Care Fund
  • Ted Kennedy Aboriginal Fund
  • Environment Fund
  • Cancer Care Fund

For detailed information about all our Funds call us on 02 48621466.



Bequests – giving back to the future.

An increasing number of people are considering leaving a proportion of their estate to help others in their local community. The Southern Highlands Foundation offers an ideal way to leave a bequest in your Will that will be carefully managed to benefit local people in your community forever.

There are a number of different ways in which you can leave a bequest to the Community Foundation.

  1. A pecuniary bequest – is a fixed amount specified in your Will.
  2. Gifts of shares or property –may be exempt from capital gains tax.
  3. A residuary bequest – is the remaining value of your estate when all other bequests to family and friends have been made and your liabilities have been paid.
  4. A reversionary bequest – allows a surviving partner to benefit from your estate during his or her lifetime and then for the balance of the estate to be paid to the Foundation on their death.

If you wish to make a bequest to the Southern Highlands Foundation we advise you to speak to your solicitor who, in consultation with us, will assist you to draft the terms of your gift.